chevron background

Sunday, June 1, 2008

Big God!

"For by him all things were created: things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities; all things were created by him and for him. He is before all things, and in him all things hold together. " Colossians 1:16-17

My sister, neice and nephew left today. They've been here since Thursday and I miss them already. We had a great visit! Caroline and Drew had fun with Anna Kathryn and she was excited to have extra people in the house. We will be heading to the doctor AGAIN tomorrow morning because she cannot shake this terrible cough - even after 2 rounds of antibiotics. God, make her well. I have gone to the pediatrician 4 times in 5 weeks!

Anyway, my thoughts right now --- One morning while my sister and I were getting ready to go out, we started talking about Louie Giglio. I had heard of his message but couldnt remember all the details. She told me about how he tells the story about what Laminin is and it is the most incredible thing in the world! If you haven't heard about it, go to youtube right now and search Louie Giglio + Laminin. The verses above are related.

Do you ever think about how our God made the earth and placed each star right where it is and how he keeps the stars from falling out of place? Do you ever think about how big our God is and how radical the message of Christ is? Do you know that what we believe is incredible? If you really think about it, our temporary problems in this world are so futile. Who cares that I had to take back spoiled milk that I bought the day before or that I've had to move several times because unforeseen circumstances prevented us from "settling." In the grand scheme of things, is it really that big of a deal? No. What is a big deal? That people know Christ. That they see their need for forgiveness and that they know Christ. That is a big deal. I am so humbled by God's answering "yes" to my prayers for people. I have seen him work in so many ways not from me getting behind a pulpit and teaching or preaching but simply by getting on my knees and begging him for changed hearts! incuding my own!
Ok, I am rambling so I will stop. I just wanted to write really quick before I call it a night! More later!!

No comments: