It's been a while since I've written. Sorry to those of you who are keeping up! I desperately need some of Mimi's pictures that she has recently taken of AK because I have not taken any with my camera. She is growing like a weed! Update on her - the month of June - it is almost over and it's gone by really fast. AK has been sick nearly the whole month but thankfully I think she is completely well now! She can say "duck" and "quack" and "Doc." She is trying to learn how to jump and she reaches high in the sky with her arms and gets on her tippy toes and this is my signal to "help me jump up mommy"! It is adorable. She got to spend last weekend with Mimi and Doc - she loves her "Doc" - I mean, she loves all of us, but she seems to take more to men. I hope this isnt a sign of days to come. Ha! She has also mastered drinking out of a straw, which means she drinks a lot for fun and I change a lot of extra diapers!
I am still wrestling with the uncontrollables in life like why new mothers get cancer and why people struggle to get pregnant while other women have 6 kids and abandon them. On the one hand, I believe that God is in control of absolutely everything - He allowed Satan to go "this far" with Job. And on the other hand, I see him as George W, "In charge" but distant, allowing me to make my own choices but jumping in with the "big stuff." I have really been struggling with why such horrific things happen on this earth. Scripture seems to teach what I don't what to hear - that the mysteries of God are left to God.
Job 11:7-9
7 "Can you fathom the mysteries of God? Can you probe the limits of the Almighty? They are higher than the heavens—what can you do? They are deeper than the depths of the grave —what can you know? Their measure is longer than the earth and wider than the sea. "
I am very thankful to be at home. I still have to pinch myself at the opportunity to be able to work and stay with AK. The days that I had to drive her to that daycare were some of the hardest of my life!!! I will hopefully get some pictures of her this weekend to post. Stay tuned. Lots of love!
No comments:
Post a Comment