chevron background

Thursday, July 3, 2008

BE thankful

It was either Beth Moore or Kay Arthur who I heard this from - we are human BEings not human DOings. This is hard to believe when you have a toddler. It is very hard to BE and not get caught up in the DOing. Please pray for Laura Black http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/lblack. She lives in Birmingham and though I haven't met her, her story has helped me to BE. She has cancer and three little ones. My heart breaks for her but I see that God is using her in amazing ways. Does it really matter if AK's diaper pail is billowing over because I just haven't found the time to empty it inbetween working, cooking, washing and loving on her and my husband? Does it matter that I forget to start the dishwasher last night and so now all the dirty dishes that I was going to put in this morning have to sit? Does it matter than our rude neighbor insists that we cut the beautiful Bradford Pear trees because they are in his way as he drives down the street?Really, really, none of this matters.

We can only be certain of today. We don't know what tomorrow brings. And while I believe that being wise with our time and finances is very biblical, God tells us not to hoard - Matthew 6 explains that not even the birds of the air hoard food for the winter and how much more lovely are we to God than they are? Finding that balanace between our being and doing is key - and a challenge - pray that God will help me find more and more places of being than doing!

No comments: