chevron background

Saturday, August 15, 2009

Not What I Had Planned...

We are 2 nights and 3 days from our new adventure in Oxford. We are close to being very organized for when the moving truck gets here.

First let me share about the week that just passed...Saturday, I was eating (Sid's) pizza and my tooth was extremely sensitive to it; It wasn't the first time, it had been alittle sensitive to hot food about a month ago...but I ignored it. So this being the second time to bother me I thought it might be wise to go check it out. I called in on Monday morning and they got me in by 11am. They were super kind to me and the dentist checked me out thoroughly. Then, he shared with me what I did not expect or want to hear: "You should go to the Endodontist, I don't like how this tooth is acting and I'm concerned you may need a root canal." Instantly so many thoughts at one time I can hardly gather them:

1. What in the heck is an Endodontist?! We don't have those where I'm from.
2. I don't have time for this! I'm packing our house to move, working, cleaning, washing...
3. A WHAT??? Root Canal?!?!?! I've heard horror stories about those!
4. Maybe he's wrong. He's probably wrong; they'll realize I won't need one of those.
5. "God, keep me calm. This was not my plan for today."

One hour later, I sit in the Endodontist office. They call me back and just as he had suspected, my tooth was cracked badly and I needed a root canal...it was good that I went before an abcess had occurred. They gave me what seemed like about 10 shots in my mouth and within 24 hours I felt like I was hung over, except I have never had a hang over, but I think that is what you would feel like. It seems that the anesthesia in those shots gets into your blood stream and zaps you. Lovely. Just what I needed, a full day of feeling zapped, hung over and just plain tired. I've felt better each day, but the week did not turn out as I expected.

There were more unexpecteds this week...More to come once we get in Oxford. Pray for us!

No comments: