chevron background

Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Oxford

Our house has a big for sale sign in the front yard. I feel like I'm going to throw up. Really, I do. One reason is because the path in front of me is so dark all I can see is my feet. I really don't like not knowing what the future holds. I would much rather know today that I will be very happy in Oxford, find one or two really loyal friends, that I will get pregnant again, easily, without any complications. That I will have another little girl and name her this or a little boy and name him that... That God will show up in ways that he has this year to provide for our family. That my job will flourish better than ever before. That AK will transition well to a new place. (Our dear neighbors have a little boy, Jake. AK and Jake are tight. AK prays for "Jakey" every night and asks to play with him everday! I am so concerned that she is going to cry for him when we leave. Oh, God, please give me the words to say to her if she's sad.) All to say, we are putting the wheels in motion now and it is more real than ever that we are about to transition into the biggest leap of faith we've ever taken as a married couple. It's exciting and scary all in one.

AK is testing my limits lately. She bit me today. Are you kidding me? The child has never been a biter. I don't know where that is coming from. She is talking like crazy and told me today, "hold on just one second mommy" - think she gets that from me telling it to her?!? It was cute. She has so much energy and she loves life so much. Whether we are looking at a book or talking about Chick-Fil-A, she gets excited over the littlest of things!


Ethan has a few more weeks of his class and then he will be done. He and I will be so glad when he's home at night all week. I see the light at the end of that tunnel. God continues to show me each day that I indeed can't see the hand in front of my face but that he is there and that right now, I dont need to know anymore than I already do. "Immeasurably more than we can ask or imagine"


We had an Easter Egg Hunt last weekend. The pictures below are from that - AK had a really good time!



1 comment:

Lindsey said...

and I thought I moved a lot!

Praying for you, Elizabeth!